Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Packing up my life...

Ok, so here's what's happening right now... I'm a week out from moving my life again and I'm again freaking out at this daunting task... my usual M.O. is to do it, like, the day before I move, but when you live with people and have to pack in their space, you kind of have to be picky with the time you choose to take over. So while they are in Canada I'm taking over the living room... all my clothes are currently splayed all over the floor in front of the TV upon which I'm catching up on some shows I've been neglecting. I don't think it's normal for it to be this difficult to pack clothing...

I think I have a disease... I'd have to check Web MD but I'm pretty sure there has to be some mental issue who's symptoms involve being unable to throw away even the rattiest of outfits... I have these sweaters and shirts with, like, big gaping holes, holes that are impossible to miss... last Sunday Ainslee (5 years old) stuck her finger in the hole in my sweater's armpit... uncool Ainslee, you know how ticklish I am! When a 5-year old is commenting on the state of your wardrobe you know it's bad... that or her mother has completely inserted herself into her brain... which is also possible!

SO I've already "thrown out" 5 sweaters and a shirt... I say "thrown out" because they are sitting in a pile behind me and I won't believe I can do it until they are in the garbage can at which time I will probably not touch them again... probably, ya, you read that right...

Anyway I'm gonna get back to the whole packing thing, no worries, I have a bunch of Diet Coke to back me up!

Update: it has been 4 days since writing the above and I have yet to actually put the "throw out" pile in a garbage... they are lying on my bedroom floor mocking me... jerks!

No comments:

Post a Comment