Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Let's be friends so we can make out...

So if you've read any of my Friday blogs, then you know that I love music... and movies... any way, One of the songs I believe I recommend to you on one of those friday posts is obviously a classic of our generation, "Let's be friends so we can make out" is the title. This musical masterpiece can be compared to Mozart and Beethoven for many reasons but the main reason is the way it speaks to the morals and tastes of a generation.

"Hey, what's your name? I think I like you, come a little closer now! Wait... what'd you say? Is that you're girlfriend? Think I'll be turnin' that around! Don't you wanna don't you wanna don't you wanna know what it would feel like?" In this first verse of the song the author is speaking to some boy she's literally JUST met... and she meets his girlfriend in the same encounter... and vows to get rid of the girlfriend... ya, that seems rational...

"Let's be friends so we can make out, you're so hot let me show you around, I see what I want and I wanna play, everyone know's I'm gettin' my way! It doesn't matter what you say, I'm knockin' you down, down, down, I'm knockin you down!" Here it is ladies and gentlemen, the statement that proves my friend Chris' hypothesis that men and women CANNOT be just friends... There is always some or the other party who would, if given the opportunity, "hit that". In every male-female relationship this is the case... it's lovely to say "He's just my friend" But I promise you sweetie, he's thinking "Ya, I'd totally hit that... but she friend zoned me a long time ago!" or vice-versa!

Go ahead... I'll give you a few seconds... think about it... every relationship you've had with a member of the opposite sex could have, if given the opportunity, ended with one steamy make-out sesh!
.........
........
........
........
Ok, have you thought about it... and you realized I'm right, did you not?!

Let us continue...

"Wait! Let me flip through the pages to something outrageous, potentially, maybe we could be more. But don't get you're hopes up, first let's just hook-up maybe you'll be what I'm looking for" And then it goes on the the chorus line again... So here is where it gets nice and confusing... because isn't this usually the way a guy feels? NO! Girls, admit it! You have always wanted to have that kind of power, the kind where you say, "ya, this might just be a one time thing" Potentially, maybe it could be more, but first let's just see if you're a good kisser... Nice one girls, way to take women's lib to a whole-nother level!

And finally my favorite line of the song "'CAUSE WE'RE YOUNG!!!!" Yup... there it is, the idea that just because you're young it's ok to be slutty and do whatever... trust me

guys, it's not the case... smarts come in all ages and colors!

SO there you have it... I've broken down my favorite song glo-zel style! You're welcome!

Now go find a new "friend" and have a fun day...  you know why? "CAUSE WE'RE YOUNG!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment