Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Fake it 'till you make it...

So I've been thinking a lot lately about being happy... I've been surrounded by a lot of negative people lately and I can see them all dragging each other down and it really has been bugging me.

I was thinking about what I can do to try and fix that and I was reminded of a class I took 156 years ago. It was called Health and Personal Wellness... one of the things we had to do every day was make wellness goals in a few different areas...

  1. Physical Health
  2. Mental Health
  3. Emotional Health
  4. Spiritual Health
Another subject that should be acknowledged daily is gratitude... Here are some examples, because some days I find myself not wanting to acknowledge any form of gratitude or goal setting, daily, weekly or anything of the sort (I hate goal setting PERIOD!)

  1.  Physical Health: Today I will only drink half the amount of Diet Coke that I usually drink
  2. Mental Health: Today I will read one article in the newspaper/ in a magazine/ etc...
  3. Emotional Health: Today I will meditate on my awesomeness for 20 minutes... this may include doing some form of Jessica's Daily Affirmations
  4. Spiritual Health: Today I will pray every time I go to the bathroom (sadly I cannot take full credit for this awesome goal, I'd like to thank my BFFHS Michelle
  5. Things I'm grateful for: 
    1. Television
    2. the god iPod
    3. Garrett's Twitter Feed
    4. the necklaces my sister left behind
    5. Cheeseburgers especially other people's cheeseburgers! (Thanks Lem)
Ok... so now that you have your basic template I recommend you go out and find yourself a notebook you love (email me if you'd like to buy one of mine!) or decorate one of your own, trust me, it's fun! Everyday... you'll feel so much better and you'll get over all your whininess... I mean seriously I'm about to call the waahhhmbulance!


No comments:

Post a Comment