Thursday, May 30, 2013

A day in the life of a TV Zombie...

I can't say I do it on purpose, I don't really know how it happens to be honest, but when I begin to watch television something happens...
This is a pretty good description of the molecular change that happens within myself once the television comes to life. When my mother suggested I start a blog one of the subjects she thought I could write about was TV... the fact that she knows that I watch enough TV to legitimately commentate on it and make money off those comments is either really really sad (and yes, we're still good with this) OR it's nice that she really does know me, my mom knows me!

Lesson number 2: try not to know more about TV than you do about math

This is a lesson I haven't yet mastered, another reason I've never been kissed... It should be noted that when it comes to Math my knowledge pretty much ends at a 6th grade level, once you start asking me to solve for x my brain goes blank. But... if you wanted to know about Buffy the Vampire Slayer and her various relationships I could probably give you a detailed explanation... Veronica Mars' love life, I've rewinded her and Logan's first kiss too many creepy times to count. Charmed, Bones, Community, The Office, New Girl, The Mindy Project, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Warehouse 13, Gilmore Girls, The Ghost Whisperer, Lost, 30 Rock, Sabrina the Teenaged Witch, Arrested Development, Psych, Once Upon A Time, Revenge, Better off Ted, SNL, Nashville, 90210, Modern Family, PLL, ... you know, just to name a few... Any who... I could give you detailed descriptions of the lives of the people in these shows, I could tell you details about them that normal fans don't know, and honestly, don't care about. I have a sick and sad obsession with Television. 

I suppose it stems from my lack of a personal life, I borrow from those on the screen. I'm not looking for pity, I love TV, and wether or not I had a boyfriend this would stay the same... I'm just saying, it's possible my lack of a boyfriend is partly connected to the amount of time I spend on Hulu. 

My obscure knowledge of the lives and times of fictional characters is not limited to Television, go ahead, quiz me on Harry Potter, Twilight (I'm slightly embarrassed by that one, but hey Bella and Edward help me imagine what it might be like to have a boyfriend (if I was a psycho girl with no personality who was so completely co-dependant that I shut down when he leaves town for a few months) but still a boyfriend none the less! Hunger Games (this one I'm not quite as familiar with yet, but we'll get there! Anyway the point is... I should really major in pop-culture-fiction, I would so Ace that!!! 

Yup, I just googled it, that's not a real major... maybe I should start my own college... 

No comments:

Post a Comment