Friday, May 31, 2013

A day in the life of The Dude...

So I realized something the other day... I say the word "Dude" way too much... I mean, really Dude, it's like that word has become my go-to pronoun... So, naturally, I googled the word Dude... besides a "dude" in a coconut bra, the pictures mostly consisted of "the Dude" from the movie The Big Lebowski. I've always been told it's the correct term for a hair on an elephant's butt... but my google research has turned up no such facts, so it must not be true.

Dude, is a term commonly used by hooligans. Deriving from the German word for "Fool" (no joke) I feel like it's one of those things that was never supposed to be used as a term of endearment but has been twisted by people like Mama June and Honey Boo Boo. (Yes, this is her wedding dress)
Lesson #3: Speak like a lady

I do a lot of things in a highly un-ladylike manner. My dad likes to say I eat like a lumberjack/trucker (depends on what I'm eating) So naturally speaking like a lady is something that doesn't come naturally. I keep telling myself there's some guy out there who will find it endearing that I call him dude... and then I look at Mama June's wedding pictures and I decide, maybe I don't want that kind of man... although he does pull off traffic-cone-orange like a pro! 

The kinds of boys I like usually aren't attractive to Lumberjack-Truckers... Perhaps if I cut out the words like dude from my vocabulary the rest of the ladylike-ness will follow... Maybe I should start drinking my Diet Coke with my pinky out, actually, now that I think about it, I might need all 5 fingers to hold on to my 100oz mug... 

No comments:

Post a Comment