Monday, August 5, 2013

A day in the life of a transient person...

So I've been thinking the last couple of days... you see I'm in a transitional period of my life... I mean, I'm still in college and as far as my computer oracle can tell me, will be FOREVER! I'm moving to WY to do a little bit of EVERYTHING: work in a lawyer's office (woot!!!) Stage manage a show choir, and take a few classes... OH and I'll be Nannying in my spare time (however much of that there is)... Also I've finished my semester in Idaho (FINALLY) And I'm squatting at my parent's house...

Yesterday at church I was helping my Mom teach her Sunday School class of 6-year-olds... one of them is the little boy who is HILARIOUS... anyway he was asking me random questions here is a transcript which I seared into my brain:

Logan: "So you went on a mission?"

Me: "Yes"

L:"How long ago did you get home?"

M: "A little over a year ago."

L: "And how long after you get home from a mission do you have to wait until you get married" (He said this as if he was asking what the rule was, like there's a specific (short) amount of time you wait and then you just get married...)

M: "I don't know, I'm not married yet..."

L:" Oh... you have really big feet, like bigger than my dad!"

M: "You are not wrong about that!"

L: "So do you live with your mom and dad then?"

M: "No"

L: "Did you buy a house?!"

M: "No"

L: "Where do you live then?"

M: (I had no idea how to explain to a kid all that's going on so I said "In an apartment"

L: "Did you buy the apartment?"

M: "No"

L: "Then how do you live there?"

M: "I pay rent"

L: "Oh..." Then he began to squirm and I challenged him to see how long he could hold still... he lasted 30 seconds...

So anyway... I'm in a transient period and guys (even 6-year-old guys) can see it in my eyes and they get all disinterested...

Lesson #27: Make a life plan, stick to it, and achieve it ASAP!

So I need to start being a better life planner... not easy since planning has NEVER been a favorite thing of mine... I hate it actually... but I spent the last 2 hours making fancy calendars on my computer so hopefully I can figure it out!

Well I'm off to finish managing the disaster! I'd appreciate any organizational tips/ planning ideas you have to be left in the comments bellow... because I have no idea how to do this!

PS... I've given you the link to my calendar template... it's a Power Point document... you might have to mess with it a little to make sure it's back to it's original format, not sure... I had to go into Page Settings and make the page 8.5x11 so that it would print the way I wanted it to... and you'll have to change font to what you want, I found some cute fonts... have fun with it, I know I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment