Thursday, August 15, 2013

Superstitions...

So this morning my new favorite person, Bejonce, told me that if you sweep your feet then you'll never get married... So we think that maybe this is why I'm not dating... that or all the good ones are gay... Anyway so I was thinking... what other super superstitions should I have consulted in life that are now keeping me from dating/marriage... so I googled it...


  • if you eat onions on saturday night you won't meet/see your lover on sunday... (Well, I eat onions every day so there goes that... hey do you think my breath has something to do with it?)
  • if you have stumbled going up a flight of stairs, have hairy legs, have dreamed of taking a bath, or have noticed that the lines on your palm form an "m", recently then you will soon fall in love... (well crap, I never do any of those things... except maybe have hairy legs, what I don't like shaving!)
  • Here's a creepy one for you: On All Hallows Eve, brush your hair three times in front of the mirror. If you glimpse a man standing behind you, wedding bells will ring before the year is through. (Uh... I don't know about you but if I glimpse a man standing behind me I'll die of a heart attack before the year is through!)
  • When attending a wedding take a piece of the grooms cake and put it under your pillow to dream of mold i mean your future husband
  • Here's a complicated one that involves farm work! You can learn the temperament of your future husband by plucking a piece of hay from a hayloft at midnight. A crooked piece foretells a surly man; a straight piece signifies a good-natured man. (I feel like if nothing else you might meet a cute ranch hand taking a midnight stroll who thinks your a burglar... so that might be fun!
  • See a robin fly overhead on Valentines day and you will marry a sailor, see a sparrow and you will marry a poor man, see a goldfinch and you will marry a millionaire. ( I am going to do EVERYTHING in my power to be near a goldfinch this Valentines day!!!)
  • Tie a blue ribbon around your ankle and you will be kissed that day. (I am literally going to be tying a blue ribbon around my ankle EVERYDAY! 
I think you get the picture... So now that I have my to do list, it's time to start checking them off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment