Monday, October 28, 2013

A day in the life of Not nerdy enough...

So, as it turns out... I am not enough of a nerd... my pinterest board full of Harry Potter pins might disagree but apparently all the men in Gillette (yes, all of them... because there are like 4) have decided otherwise.

Thursday night at Institute (Mormon religion class for college students that occurs once a week) we were talking about Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Narnia; I have seen at least one movie out of each of these 3 series, and read none of the books. (yes we were talking about those during religion class, what of it?!) Any who... My complete lack of nerd-knowledge was disgusting to the nerds around me...

Here's the thing, guys, you ask me to recite the mermaid song from HP and the GOF and it might take me a few minutes to get it right but eventually I'll figure it out... Serious' address, you ask? Done! I had it memorized before I knew my own address... My Screen saver on my phone is the Deathly Hallow's for crying out loud but you ask me something about Hobbits, Wookies, or Mr. Tumnus (ps,  and I'm like... Whaaaa???

Lesson #32: Know your audience

I suppose my immense HP knowledge would do me well in any other situation but I forgot that where I live is more populated by LOTR, SW, and Narnian nerds... I forgot about my audience... My real down fall is that I didn't learn my HP knowledge for the love of men, I did it for the love of HP... if you're going to be a girl-nerd you either do it for the men or for a deep rooted love of all nerdom... you cannot specialize if you're going to do this... KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE!

So there it is, yet another reason I'm not dating... my down fall today is my lack of nerd prowess... it's something I'm working on...


No comments:

Post a Comment