Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A day in the life of Bro-Status...

What is it that moves a girl from potential girlfriend to bro-status... Some say that moment doesn't exist, that there will always be, in the guys mind, the potential for hook up, however I've been dateless for 6-years and kissless for 24 (ok, if we're counting actual dating years it's only been 8, but that's not the point!) It's been a loooooonnnnnggggg time... So my thinking is that there has to be some moment in a friendship that a man's thinking (unless you're basically a model) that you move from Potential GF to one of the bros... Here's what my research has turned up...

  1. The moment you order steak and potatoes or a hotdog on your date you are officiall a bro. When asked what Potential GF food is he replied "Salad" ...
  2. Being mean
  3. Be unattractive, be my GF's sister or close relative, be under 18, or be in a relationship with my best friends.
  4. Be flirty with lots of other guys. Thats a no no!!!
  5. The annoying kind of flirty; be rude or belittling...
  6. BE a bro, avoid responding, reacting or acting feminine.... But don't go so far as to lose your self respect... That could be a loose for everyone
  7. Making everything an interrogation
  8. Short in conversation and uninterested; send a message that she's wasting her time; don't respond to texts
So first off, thanks to the 7 out of 37 boys who answered my question... apparently no one cares about my dating life... which is LITERALLY non-existant! But whatever, I still love them...

Secondly... there it is... however as I look at this list my reactions are as follows:

  1. I'd have to go on a date to order a salad so until that time I will continue to eat steak and hotdogs...
  2. I'll show you mean!
  3. Not unattractive (obviously) not your GF's sister or close relative... infect, my sister is a missionary and all my female cousins are married so BOO-YA! MOST DEFF not under 18... and I've never had a relationship so bam!
  4. I mean... I don't know how to flirt so I don't think that's a problem...
  5. again, I don't know how to flirt so... and I'm not rude but if my awesome presence is belittling I can't help that...
  6. I don't know how to respond to that... I respond a little too desperately, let's be real! And while my dad claims I act like a trucker it's probably a feminine trucker.... I have more self respect than any self-respecting person should have!
  7. why would you say that? do you think I ask too many questions? what kind of car do you drive? where were you on the night of the 27th? how's your french? have you ever had a deep fried oreo? who's your dentist? who many freckles do you have? do you own a blue jacket?
  8. As my readers will tell you I am NEVER short in conversation. I am ALWAYS interested. my time is never taken up with men so any amount of time is not wasted! I am almost OCD about answering text messages!
So there you have it... men start lining up because I think it's not obvious that I am NOT your bro!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment