Thursday, October 17, 2013

A day in the life of playing pretend...

So I've been thinking, is it just me or does everyone sometimes pretend to be spies on top secret missions... crickets... nope, ok, just me then!

Periodically I'll be running an errand and then BAM! suddenly I'm on a top secret mission for the CIA and it's my job to do what ever it is I'm doing but in a totally nonchalant way to make sure that no one notices anything out of the ordinary... and by doing so, I almost always attract attention to myself... Perhaps my CIA dreams are what's keeping me from dating...

Lesson #31: Keep the play-ground games in 4th grade...

I suppose by the time I reached 10 years old and started to see boys as more than just icky-cootie-carriers I should have started to grow up... but really, where's the fun in that? So I've made it my policy to be a kid for ever! I always tell myself that some day there will be a boy (maybe at this point I should start saying man...) who will find my oddities charming... these oddities include but are not limited to:

  1. Pretending to be a CIA agent in my daily life
  2. laughing like a 4 year old and sometimes snorting when I laugh too hard
  3. drinking copious amount of Diet Coke
  4. wanting my mommy when I'm sick
  5. praying someone else will do my laundry
  6. having a Thor case cover 
  7. enjoying the Magic School Bus, Little Bear, and Cartoons in general
  8. falling asleep to Kenny Loggin's Return to Pooh Corner...
  9. mis-managing my money
  10. relying on others to wake me up in the morning.
So as you can see... I'm still a 8 year old in my brain (perhaps why I have yet to find a date...) rarely do 8-year-olds date, although now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure I remember boys and girls in my 4-grade class having significant others... man... even 8-year-olds get more action than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment