Sunday, October 13, 2013

the pencil adds 500lbs...

So let me ask a question... at what point did it become ok for someone to HONESTLY tell someone how they look?! When was that ok?! No seriously, can someone pin point a day for me  because I'd really like to build a time machine, go back to that exact day and do everything in my power to make sure it NEVER happens...

So yesterday I spent all day with the kids from the choir I work with and one of them decided to start drawing characters of each of us... So he finishes mine and brings it over to me (mind you I'd been sleeping/catching up on TV, so not really in a place for this to occur) basically expecting me to be so proud of him and there it is... in pencil and paper, a drawing of, well at first glance I saw a less garishly dressed version of Tweedle-Dee or Tweedle-Dum from Alice in Wonderland, and then at second glance and with the words "who's that supposed to be?!" and then there it was... I realized it... that hideous character was supposed to be a rendition of me...

Let's go back to that date ok, the date when honesty became more important than keeping a woman from punching you in the face... I don't care how much you've been told we want you to be honest, how much you've heard we want to be equal with you, FORGET IT! It's all lies!! 1. we are NOT equal... WE HAVE BOOBS!!!!! 2. Let's be real for a second, when did men stop passing down from father to son the art of keeping women happy... it's an art!

To all those men out there who read my blog... and to be honest I can only think of 3... try to remember when your wife/gf asks you "does this make me look fat" she's not asking about measurements, she's asking "do you still think I'm beautiful" and when you decide without solicitation (or with solicitation even) to draw a woman... you best make her curves (God or McDonald's given) look beautiful and sexy, not like she's a beardless-version of the Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons...

No comments:

Post a Comment