Friday, January 17, 2014

Mix-tape Friday!

Seven songs I'm currently obsessed with and how they relate to my love life.

1. White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane. Regularly I’ll tell myself that God has kept me from dating etc. because he’s protecting me from a lust I wouldn’t be able to control… It’s also possible that as Ke$ha once wisely said… Love would be my drug… and this is how I would act...

2. The Dummy Song by Louis Armstrong. This song just gave me some really good ideas about how to make a boyfriend!

3. Paper Doll by John Mayer. Ok well really it's this music video...

4. Put Your Graffiti on Me by Kay Graham. Yes… I want someone to put their Graffiti on me… plus this beat is sick!

5.  The One That Got Away by The Civil Wars. So this one is more about how I wish there was one to get away... Then I could sing this song with real feelings instead of the ones I pretend are there between myself and Ian Sommerhaulder... WHAT WE HAVE IS REAL!

6. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lot… this one isn’t so much a current obsession as it is a constant obsession…

7. Rumor Has It by Adele. I love this song… and every time I see an attractive man with another woman I think “She ain’t real, she ain’t gonna be able to love you like I will…” etc… I mean come one peeps, some times people say when you’re a big girl theres “more to love” well I say I have a much greater capacity to love because there’s lots of room in my Rubenesque figure to hold love!

So there you have it… If you have a chance, check out these songs… maybe they’ll resinate with your love life… nonexistent or real, they can fit any one’s life...



No comments:

Post a Comment