Monday, March 17, 2014

The beginning...

Well thanks to my dear friend Deidre, who you can find at Love The Skinny's (A read I highly recommend) I now have to get fit... Or at least try and get a little healthier. When I signed up for this deal it was basically 2am, I was weak, and wanted a change in my life... Then there was the morning after, in which I deeply regretted doing something good for myself. But I couldn't take it back, it was done! So here I am, Day 1 of the challenge and I started my morning off with a breakfast sandwich from McDonalds and two cans of Diet Coke... #NoShame #OkSomeShame

But now, lucky you guys, you get to be my sounding board for all my struggles through this adventure... I'm in it to win it, the prize at the end of this mess is a whole pile of mulah, and who doesn't need some free-buckage every now and then...

As a caution to myself I'm going to make a list of all the reasons this whole "getting healthy" thing hasn't worked for me in the past:
  1. It takes work... I am, at my core, a lazy person... and so when I put myself in a position to go the extra mile, I set myself up for failure pretty quickly. If I could do nothing but sit in my room and watch Netflix until I die, I'd be happy... especially if I had an unlimited supply of Sonic Diet Coke that was delivered to me regularly. I've skipped whole days of eating just because I was too lazy to get up and make something... true story.
  2. I'm essentially happy with who I am... sure, I'm fat (in the common sense of the word) But I like to think of myself as someone with "more to love"... there's this part of me that really wants someone to love me for who I am now... not who I will be when I loose weight, because if I'm this hot now, watch out! ;-) ...but seriously, I love myself, the only thing I want to change really is my fitness level, I'd like to be able to play with my children, if I EVER have any...  but lets not get ahead of our selves, how about I kiss a boy first.
  3. I LOVE Carbs... and Steak... it's hard to explain, but I think my lack of ever being in love with a member of the opposite sex has given me an extra amount of love to spread into other aspects of my life... And most of that love has landed on pasta, bread, medium rare stake (closer to the rare side), alfredo sauce, ice cream, etc... those things that are so bad for you, and the whole "moderation in everything" idea, just doesn't fly with me... I want it ALLL!!! 
  4. I get discouraged really easily... Last year I started working out daily, every morning, I did this for months, and NOTHING happened... I was even eating better, and yet, nothing came of it. I don't know, maybe I was getting to that point where it would start to happen any day now, but I quit because I just got so tired of nothing! It's like the time I quit trying in my Biology class... I got a few D's on my tests and just gave up... I was like "well Biology, you've betrayed me, I officially don't care how you work, I just trust that you do! Besides, I think I'm with the catholic church on this whole blasphemy thing, if God made it to work, just trust that it WERKZ!" 
But hey, this time I'm not just answering to myself, so maybe it'll be different! I'll keep you guys updated, I'm sure if nothing else it'll give me some pretty funny stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment