Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Blonde for a night...

I've been blonde my whole life... I'm properly proud of my naturally golden lochs, I've never colored it so I guess you could say that I have "virgin" hair... haha... I've always laughed at blonde jokes, I think they're pretty hilarious, I mean, "how do you drown a blonde? put a scratch and sniff sticker on the bottom of a pool" who doesn't love that!

Despite the blonde stereotype I've never really felt like a "dumb blonde" I've had my moments, you know, I trip on every folded up carpet, I have trouble walking down stairs in the dark... but I've never felt DUMB... that is until last night.

Last night at institute (one night a week Mormon single adults get together and talk about churchy stuff...) we had a visitor, an Australian man named Mark. Mark was speaking his Australian which apparently is different enough from American that when I pretend to know things about their slang (citing my knowledge gained from the Mary-Kate and Ashley movie) I sound REAL stupid. Seriously, I would laugh and he would look at me like I was wearing a dunce cap...

Here's the thing though, I used to think that only happened to me when I was attracted to a guy, I mean if we learned nothing from the "I like how tall you are" incident, I'm super good at making an idiot out of myself to attractive men. However, this time was different, I mean... well lets just say I was not feelin' Crocodile Dundee's vibe (maybe if he was wrestling a crocodile)... So, nope, apparently I am just a spaz with ANY dude born with a "Y" chromosome.

Damn the "Y"!!!

It's ok, though! I can turn this around... All I need is a brain transplant, that shouldn't be too hard, right? Frakk... I just googled it, it's about 1.3 Million + the cost of developing the technology...




No comments:

Post a Comment