Monday, May 12, 2014

Part three in which we get sentimental...

Ok, so now it's time to get down to the knitty-gritty... let's dig deep into my psyche, you be Freud and I'll enjoy a nice lie-down here on your couch... enough? cool, here you go!

Part trios: 


Even after this revelation I’m still contemplating what tomorrow being Thursday means for my Queue… Tuesday and Thursday are, in my opinion, usually the best nights in television. Tuesdays are for New Girl, the Mindy Project, The Originals, and Supernatural (just to name some of my favorites). Thursday nights, though, those are my favorite: Parks and Rec, The Vampire Diaries, Reign, Community, and a new one I’m excited for, Salem, are just a few of the Thursday night shows I get excited for all week!

          Over the years I’ve had a few Television shows that I count as my favorites. Most of the ones I could go back to over and over again are more than just a TV show to me, I watched them with my whole family: Charmed, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Gilmore Girls, and Veronica Mars, are the main ones on this list. As a family 1-2 times a week we would gather around the television, all six of us, and enjoy some family time. This, I believe is where my Television “addiction” started. My sister and I have watched the strong women of those television shows and have been empowered because of them.  My brother and I bond over our mutual love of Arrested Development; there is not much else he and we have in common besides television. My mother and I used to watch the TBS-edited version of Sex and the City together and it was nights like those when I would have deep conversations with her about things most daughters can’t talk to their mom’s about. She’s my best friend, and while I will not give the full credit to Carrie Bradshaw, I will say that the conversations I had with my mom because of those nights are ones that I will always be grateful for!


No comments:

Post a Comment