Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Part deux

Well I hope you enjoyed last time's installment of what will hopefully one day make me enough money to feed my addiction... which brings me to my next point...

Part 2:

       As I mentioned before there’s no definitive answer to the question, how much is too much? However despite the lack of medical journal entries on the subject there have always been those who believe they have the answer. My father, Cheryl, friends, my grandma, and crazy people who remove all the televisions from their home are just a few on the list. Some might say it’s an issue once you’ve bought the DVD’s. Others might have misgivings with the fact that I have at any given moment about 5-tv shows I need to catch up on in my Hulu queue. There is a whole series of Pinterest “gifs” devoted to the ever becoming popular art of “Netflix Binging.” The idea is that in one weekend one person, or a particularly coomfortable couple, may devour an ENTIRE television series. I do not use the term art form lightly, there are things to be considered; food, bathroom breaks, hydration, these things along with location (bedroom, living room) must be considered when contemplating a weekend stay in Downton Abbey, or perhaps Stars Hollow, or maybe stuck on an island with 48 other strangers on Lost.

Let’s go back to my Hulu queue for a second, at this very moment I have 4-television shows awaiting my attention, I’m 4-episodes behind on one, 2-behind on another, and only one behind on the other two. This is not including the 3-television shows I watched this morning before going to work. It’s not like I sit in my bed just watching, I usually use that time to be productive, getting ready in the morning, cleaning out my closet (Something that can probably be done daily). And let’s not get into my Netflix Queue. There are so many options for television these days, there’s Hulu ($7/month) Netflix ($7/ month) Amazon Prime ($35/year for students) iTunes ($2.99/episode) and Cable/ Satellite subscriptions ($20-$100/month) that’s at least $270+/year. Too much yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment