Monday, February 3, 2014

Dreaming of Super Bowls to Come

I have been planning the perfect Super Bowl party since I was a little girl... you know how some girls spend their whole lives planning their weddings? Ya, that was never me! I actually have mini-anxiety attacks at the thought of having to decide on colors, and pick a dress, planning receptions, etc... I mean don't get me wrong, I have a Pinterest board entitled "I'm such a Girl" in which I pin all the things I think look awesome, and I think, wow that's a great idea... so when the time  comes in the FAR-DISTANT future hopefully I'll be a little more prepared.


Despite this ridiculous chink in my Girliness one thing I have been planning since I was able to realize what it is, is the best Super Bowl party my future husband and his friends have EVER seen...

I've been collecting recipes, planning outfits, thinking about mock-tails... planning on the tv area being the man-zone and having the kitchen dining room be where me and all my husband's hot friends' hot wives will gab about how hot our husbands are and how adorable our children are (will be) There will be a kid-friendly zone with games, fun snacks, maybe even Yahoo...

However until the day I'm a married woman in pearls, I'll have to settle for dreaming... Today is Super Bowl sunday and although I don't have anyone to throw a party for, I can watch the Broncos and the Sea Hawks play, I can laugh and probably cry at the commercials that cost MILLIONS and marvel at the half time show and I'll dream of the day when my hot hubby and his hot (but not hotter) friends and their wives come to my classy-eclectically decorated home with at least one red wall, and party with us... I'll dream of the day when they will chow down on my perfectly constructed dips, drink my deliciously mixed (nonalcoholic) beverages, (although lets be real... it really would be more fun with them all drunk, wouldn't it?) and on that day they will marvel at my ability to emanate June Clever and Lorali Gilmore at the same time... it's a blessing, really...




No comments:

Post a Comment