Monday, July 29, 2013

A day in the life of someone who should have spent more time in the 80's

I was born in the 80's as I like to tell anyone who will listen, what I neglect to say, as long as I can, is that I was born in 1989... so it's only technically the 80's... However unconnected to the 80's my birth may be, I am and always will be an 80's baby... Give me some Whitney Huston, some Cindy Lopper, I'll gladly take a plate of some Billy Idol... ooh, some Bangles please! I'd love to wear a sweat band as a fashion statement... Acid-wash jeans, please and thank you! A hot guy picking me up in a Trans-am on my 16th birthday?... uh, do you even have to ask?! A black one thank you, a black car, a pink guy! Heck, let's be real... I would SO not object to some Will Smith in a pink trans-am... (If you have suddenly decided I'm a racist then you obviously haven't seen 16 candles... and that disgusts me, so you should finish reading this post and then drop whatever else you have planned for your day and watch it... Sam Baker's life is one all people should be privy to! Just be warned there is some slight female nudity... so if that bother's you, find it on TV... )
Anyway... 

So how is this keeping me from dating? Well it's obvious, isn't it... all of my love prospects are waiting for me in the 80's... I am out of the time loop... which is probably why I am almost always late, or wayyyy too early, never on time. 

Lesson # 26: Always have Marty McFly on speed dial!

I long for the days when boys called you "Volcanic" (hot and dangerous), when "Jerk" meant "nerd", when the bigger your hair was, the better your love life was! I wish I could take Andie's place and make Duckie fall in love with me... I would never choose an appliance over him! Pretty in Pink reference... What I wouldn't give to be a member of the Brat-Pack... Those were some people who knew how to have fun! 
So here I am, sitting in 2013, wishing I could have some Jake Ryan, or some Lane Myers... maybe Lloyd Dobler  outside my window holding a boom box above his head playing a song that summarizes everything I'm going through in less than 4-minutes! I want Ferris Buller breaking me out of school and then serenading me and all of New York to Danka Schoen  Much like Walt Disney, John Hughes ruined my life, and made it better all at the same time! 
I think in protest to my lack of time travel I'm going to start wearing high wasted jeans, scrunchies, and stringy leather jackets... Gosh Dang... I love the 80's!
See you soon Ferris, you are my true love!





No comments:

Post a Comment