Monday, June 17, 2013

A day in the life of an old lady…


I’m old… it’s been a week since my birthday and I’m already starting to see wrinkles, I think I need to get some age-spot cream. 24 in the real world is pretty normal, right, I mean the Girls on the TV show “Girls” (which I can’t watch because of my virgin-ness) are 24. They live in NYC, they have temporary jobs, they date, they party… I am none of those things AND I live in the Mormon world, so, I’m old!

In Pride and Prejudice there’s a part where Charlotte tells Elizabeth why she’s marring creepy Mr. Collins. One of the reasons is that she’s 27… 27 in the normal world is when you’re just starting your serious career, you’ve done your traveling, you’ve messed around, now you’re getting a little more serious and you’re settling down, in Mormon world, you’re Charlotte Lucas, freaking out, preparing to marry Mr. Collins…  you poor, poor girl… And, I just want to point that I’m only 3 years away from that shame!

Lesson #12 Live while you’re young…


So, ya, I’m Old… I think this is why I’m not getting dates. Boys here at school want to date 19 year old bimbos… however since the missionary age-change all the 19-year-old girls are unavailable so they are “settling” for the 18 and or 20 year olds… they sacrifice so much! SO here I am, a Returned Missionary, which for a girl used to be rare, however now it’s like whatever, and I’m a Poly Sci major, which I thought would be a major fraught with boys but they are mostly married… and ugly…

How can I get past this problem I think my biggest solution is to move to a nursing home. I’ll be the youngest person there, I’ll have the possibility of becoming the next Anna Nichole (except she may have been younger than me when that whole thing happened, and I’d rather do it with out the whole court issues…) and the final reason I think a nursing home is my best option… meals included!

So in summation I’m old so I’ll be posting my future blogs from the nursing home down the street.

T.T.F.N! 

No comments:

Post a Comment